If you care about the speed of your site, Quick Cache is one of those plugins that you absolutely MUST have installed 🙂 Quick Cache takes a real-time snapshot (building a cache) of every Page, Post, Category, Link, etc. These snapshots are then stored (cached) intuitively, so they can be referenced later, in order to save all of that processing time that has been dragging your site down and costing you money.
The Quick Cache plugin uses configuration options that you select from the options panel. See: Quick Cache -› Options in your Dashboard. Once a file has been cached, Quick Cache uses advanced techniques that allow it to recognize when it should and should not serve a cached version of the file. By default, Quick Cache does not serve cached pages to users who are logged in, or to users who have left comments recently. Quick Cache also excludes administrative pages, login pages, POST/PUT/DELETE/GET(w/ query string) requests and/or CLI processes.
- SIMPLE and well-documented configuration (just enable and you’re all set!).
- The ability to set an automatic expiration time for cache files.
- Client-Side Caching (to allow double-caching in the client-side browser).
- Caching for 404 requests to reduce the impact of those requests on the server.
- RSS, RDF, and Atom Feed caching.
- The ability to cache or ignore URLs that contain query strings (GET Requests).
- An Advanced Cache Plugin system for theme and plugin developers.
- The ability to cache logged-in users too! (VERY powerful, particularly for membership sites).
- A new improved “Clear Cache” button in the admin bar (along with an option to enable/disable this feature).
- The ability to disable Dashboard notifications related to automatic clearing/purging on change detections.
- The ability to clear Markdown-related cache files generated by the s2Clean theme for WordPress (if installed).
- Import/Export functionality for Quick Cache configuration files.
- URI exclusion patterns (now supporting wildcards too).
- User-Agent exclusion patterns (now supporting wildcards too).
- HTTP referrer exclusion patterns (now supporting wildcards too).
- A Dynamic Version Salt (customize the caching engine).
- HTML Compressor to automatically combine and compresses CSS/JS/HTML code.
- Auto-Cache Engine to pre-cache your site at 15-minute intervals.
- An Automatic Updater to update Quick Cache Pro from your WordPress Dashboard.
- Rockstar support for all Quick Cache features.